Robust motion segmentation using rank ordering estimators
Robust estimators have become popular tools for solving a wide range of problem in computer vision. Despite many successes in this field, there is still a need for estimators, which are suited to specific problems such as recovering structures from multi-structural data. This paper offers an alternative approach to, and some practical insights into, the implementation of well-known rank ordering based robust estimators. The approach has been tested on synthetic and real image data for motion segmentation purposes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bab-Hadiashar A., Suter D., 1997 “Motion Segmentation Using Robust Statistics and Spatial Continuity” Proceedings of International Workshop on Image Analysis and Information Fusion IAIF'97, Adelaide, Australia, to appear.Google Scholar
- Hampel F.R., 1975 “Beyond Location Parameters: Robust Concepts and Methods” Bulletin of International Statistical Institute, 46, 375–382.Google Scholar
- Lee K., Meer P., Park R., 1996 “Robust Adaptive Segmentation of Range Images”, Technical Report, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08855, USA.Google Scholar
- Meer P., Mintz D., Rosenfeld A., Kim D.Y., 1991 “Robust Regression Methods for Computer Vision: A review” International Journal of Computer Vision, 6(1): 59–70.Google Scholar
- Miller J., Stewart C. 1996 “MUSE: Robust Surface Fitting using Unbiased Scale Estimates”, Proceedings of CVPR'96, San Francisco, 300–306.Google Scholar
- Otte M., Nagel H. H. 1994 “Optical Flow Estimation: Advances and Comparisons” Proceedings of ECCV'94, Stockholm, 51–60.Google Scholar
- Rousseeuw P. J. 1984 “Least Median of Squares Regression” Journal of the American Statistical Association, 79, 871–880.Google Scholar
- Rousseeuw P.J., Leroy A.M., 1987 “Robust Regression and Outlier Detection”, John Wiely, New York.Google Scholar
- Stewart C., 1997 “Bias in Robust Estimation Caused by Discontinuities and Multiple Structures”, IEEE Transactions in Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, to appear.Google Scholar
- Torres L., Kunt M., 1996 “Video Coding the Second Generation Approach”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands.Google Scholar