Robust image composition algorithms for augmented reality
We present our augmented reality system for image composition. We have worked with a view to avoiding strong and tedious interactions with the user. In this paper, we especially stress on the robust temporal registration method we have devised. An original method for resolving occlusions is also presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.-O. Berger. Resolving occlusion in augmented reality: a contour based approach without 3D reconstruction. In CVPR 97, Puerto Rico (USA), pages 91–96, 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.M.-O. Berger. How to Track Efficiently Piecewise Curved Contours with a View to Reconstructing 3D Objects. In ICPR 94, Jerusalem (Israel), volume 1, pages 32–36, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.M.-O. Berger, C. Chevrier, and G. Simon. Compositing Computer and Video Image Sequences: Robust Algorithms for the Reconstruction of the Camera Parameters. In Eurographics'96, Poitiers, France, volume 15, pages 23–32, August 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Breen, R. Whitaker, E. Rose, and M. Tuccryan. Interactive Occlusion and Automatic Object Placement for Augmented Reality. In Eurographics'96, Poitiers, France, 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Ertl, H. Müller-Seelich, and B. Tabatabai. MOVE-X: A System for Combining Video Films and Computer Animation. In Eurographics, pages 305–313, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Koller, K. Daniilidis, and H. H. Nagel. Model-Based Object Tracking in Traffic Scenes. In ECCV 92, Santa Margherita Ligure (Italy), pages 437–452, 1992.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Ravela, B. Draper, J. Lim, and R. Weiss. Tracking Object Motion Across Aspect Changes for Augmented Reality. In ARPA Image Undertanding Worshop, Palm Spring (USA), August 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Rousseeuw and A. Leroy. Robust Regression and Outlier Detection. Wiley Series in Probability and Mathematical Statistics. Wiley, 1987.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Simon and M.-O. Berger. A two-stage robust statistical method for temporal registration from features of various type. In ICCV 98, Bombay (India), 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.C. Tomasi and T. Kanade. Shape and Motion from Image Streams under Orthography: A Factorization Method. IJCV, 9(2):137–154, 1992.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Uenohara and T. Kanade. Vision based object registration for real time image overlay. Journal of Computers in Biology and Medecine, 1996.Google Scholar