A generating method for 3-dimensional knitting cloth shapes
In this paper, a method of generating the 3-dimensional knitting clothes shapes is described. First, the method of representation of the cloth is described. In this method, a cloth is represented by a mesh, which is a set of vertexes. Next, a method of generating the cloth shapes is described. The cloth covers 3-dimensional objects. To generate the shapes, this system moves vertexes of the mesh with considering spatial restriction of covered objects. In addition, the action of repulsion between vertexes is utilized to prevent shrink the shapes, and its effect is evaluated. At last, the usefulness of the proposed method is confirmed by execution examples of the system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Itoh, Y., Yamada, M., Miyazaki, T., Seki, H. and Itoh, H: Processing for Knitting Patterns Using a Representation Method for 3D String Diagrams, Trans. of IPSJ, Vol 37, No. 2,pp.249–258 (1996).Google Scholar
- 2.Itoh, Y., Yamada, M., Miyazaki, T., Kunitachi, T., Fukumura, Y., Seki, H. and Itoh, H.: A Transformation Technique from Symbolic Media to 3-dimensional Patterns for Knitting, Proceedings of the Multimedia Japan 96, pp. 338–345(1996).Google Scholar
- 3.Yamada, M., Itoh, Y., Seki, H. and Itoh, H.: An Implementation of a Knit-Pattern Generating System for Supporting Knit Designing, Trans. of IPSJ, Vol 36, No. 11,pp.2728–2735 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.Yamada, M., Budiart, R., Itoh, H. and Seki, H.: A String Diagram Transformation Process using a Generic Algorithm — A Cat's Cradle Diagram Generating Method-, Proc. of PRICAI'94, Vol 1, pp.429–434 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.Yamada, M., Budiart, R., Itoh, H. and Seki, H.: A Cat's Cradle String Diagram Display Method Based on a Genetic Algorithm, FORMA Vol.9, No.1, pp.11–28 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.Yamada, M., Budiart, R., Itoh, H. and Seki, H.: An Implementation of a Knit Designing System Based on a Genetic Algorithm, Proc. of ICARCV'94, Vol.1, pp.1277–1281 (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Budiarto, M. Yamada, H. Seki, K. Itoh, T. Miyazaki and H. Itoh.: A System for Simulating and Display Magic Game in Cat's Cradle and a Characterization Method of Its String State, FORMA Vol.12 No.1 pp.75–89 (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.Letter Symbols for Knitting Stitch, JIS L 0201(1978).Google Scholar