A new efficient off-line anonymous cash scheme
Current off-line electronic cash systems require at least one interaction between the client and the vendor for each coin. We propose a new electronic cash scheme that requires only one interaction between the client and the vendor for a complete electronic transaction. Our new protocol provides unconditional client anonymity, double-spending detection and forgery-prevention.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.Brands, “ Untraceable off-line cash in wallet with observers”, in Advances of Cryptology — CRYPTO '93 Proceedings, Springer-Verlag,1994, pp.302–318.Google Scholar
- 2.D.Chaum, “ Security without Identification: Transaction systems to make Big Brother obsolete,” Communications of ACM, vol.28, no.10, pp.1030–1044, Oct.85.Google Scholar
- 3.D.Chaum, A.Fiat and M.Naor, “Untraceable electronic cash”, in Advances in Cryptology — CRYPTO '88 Proceedings, pp.319–327,1990.Google Scholar
- 4.D.Chaum and T.Pedersen, “Wallet Databases with Observers”, in Advances in Cryptology-CRYPTO'92 Proceedings, Springer-Verlag, 1993, pp.89–105.Google Scholar
- 5.N.T.Ferguson, “ Single Term Off-Line Coins”, in Advances in Cryptology — EUROCRYPT '93 Proceedings, Springer-Verlag, 1994, pp.318–328Google Scholar
- 6.N.T.Ferguson, “ Extensions of Single Term Off-Line Coins”, in Advances in Cryptology — CRYPTO '93 Proceedings, Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.T.Okamoto, K.Ohta, “ Universal Electronic Cash”, in Advances of Cryptology — CRYPTO '91 Proceedings, Springer Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.B.Schneier, “Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms and Source Code in C”, second ed., John Wiley & Sons, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.L.A.M.Schoenmakers, “An efficient electronic payment system withstanding parallel attacks”, CWI Technical Report CS-R9522, 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.Y.Yacobi, “An efficient off-line cash”, in Advances of Cryptology — Asiacrypt '94 Proceedings, Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar