Parallel rendering of radiance on distributed memory system by PVM
In this paper, we present a parallel algorithm for 3D photorealistic image generation, that works on a distributed system and is based on the Radiance software. The obtained efficiency results for different number processors , anticipate a more intense utilization of this software in applications on distributed environments. A test image that comes together with the programs package Radiance was used for the studies of load balance and efficiency.
Key WordsRadiance rendering PVM ray-tracing NFS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ward G., The RADIANCE Lighting Simulation and Rendering System. Computer Graphics, July 1994.Google Scholar
- Watt A., 3D Computer Graphics. Addison-Wesley, 2nd edition, Great Britain, 1994.Google Scholar
- Steven E.Koonin, Dawn C. Meredith, Computational Physics, Addison-Wesley Reading, Mass, 1990.Google Scholar
- Kajiya, James T., “The Rendering Equation,” Computers Graphics, Vol.20, No. 4, August 1986.Google Scholar
- Ward G. Parallel Rendering on the ISCD SPARC-10's. ce on Applications of Transputers, 1989.Google Scholar
- Bach M.J., The design of the UNIX Operating System, Prentice Hall Internatinal Editions, 1986.Google Scholar
- Geist A., Beguelin A., Dongarra J., Jiang W., Manchek R., Sunderam V.,PVM3 User's Guide and Reference Manual, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee, September 1994.Google Scholar