Numerical integration on distributed-memory parallel systems
In this paper we describe the implementation of numerical adaptive algorithms for multi-dimensional quadrature on distributed-memory parallel systems. The algorithms are targeted at clusters of workstations with standard message passing interfaces, e.g., PVM or MPI. The most important issues are communication and load balancing. Static and dynamic partitioning of the region are considered. Numerical results on various workstation clusters are reported.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. Čiegis, R. Šablinskas, J. Šimkevicius and J. Waśniewski, Load balancing problem for parallel computers with distributed memory, Informatica (1996) (to appear).Google Scholar
- 3.T.L. Freeman and C. Phillips, Parallel Numerical Algorithms, (Prentice Hall, New York, London, Toronto, Sydney,Tokyo, Singapoore, 1991).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Geist, A. Beguelin, J. Dongarra, W. Jiang, R. Manchek and V. Sunderam, PVM: Parallel Virtual Machine, (The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London, 1993).Google Scholar
- 6.A.C. Genz, Subregion adaptive algorithms for multiple integrals, Contemporary Math. 115 (1990) 23–31.Google Scholar
- 7.L.W. Johnson and R.D. Riess, Numerical Analysis, (Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 2nd ed. 1982).Google Scholar