A general and flexible deskewing method based on generalized projection
A non-linear projection-based deskewing algorithm for documents and newspaper images is presented. Project profiles are among the most popular methods for skew estimation. Deskewing strategy is obtained with a three steps procedure: focus of attention selection, skew estimation and skew correction. The algorithm works on text lines and space lines projection profiles, and the dominant orientation of these lines represents the skew angle of the page.
KeywordsDocument Image Text Line Generalise Projection Attention Selection Dominant Orientation
- T.Pavlidis and J.Zhou, “Page Segmentation by White Streams” Proc 1th ICDAR 1991 pp 945–953Google Scholar
- H.S.Baird “The skew angle of printed documents” Proc. Conf. Phot. Sc. and Engin. SPIE 1987 pp 14–21Google Scholar
- S.C.Hinds et al. “A document skew detection method using run length encoding and the Hough transform” Proc 10th ICPR Los Alamitos 1990, pp 464–468Google Scholar
- Y.Nakano et al. “An algorithm for skew normalisation of document images” Proc. 10th ICPR Los Alamitos 1990, pp 8–13.Google Scholar
- L.O'Gorman “The document spectrum for structural page layout analysis” PAMI 15(11) 1993 pp 1162–1173.Google Scholar