The application of parallel computations technique to the solution of certain hydrodynamic stability problems
Parallel implementation of the well known method of reduction of Boundary Values Problem (BVP) for ODES to Initial Values Problem (IVP) with subsequent straightforward integration is discussed. As an example, the solution is obtained for a 2D linear stability problem with two superimposed viscous fluid layers in a plane horizontal cavity subjected to horizontal periodic vibrations. Estimations for the speedup are provided, proven high potential of parallel implementations for the numeric solution of complex hydrodynamic stability problems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Orzag, S. A. 1971 Accurate solution of the Orr-Sommerfeld stability equation. J. Fluid Mech., vol. 50, part 4, pp. 689–703Google Scholar
- 2.Godunov, S.K. 1961 On numeric solution of boundary values problems for linear systems of ODE'S. UMN, vol. 16, issue 3, pp. 171–174Google Scholar
- 3.Birikh R.V., Rudakov R.N.1974 The application of the orthogonalization method in stepwize integration in investigation of convective flows stability. Gidrodinamika, issue 5.-Perm, Penn University, pp. 149–158 Google Scholar
- 4.Wolf, G. H. 1969 The dynamic stabilization of the Rayleigh-Taylor instability and the corresponding dynamic equilibrium. Z. Physik, b. 227, N 3, s. 291–300 Google Scholar
- 5.Bezdenegnykh N.K. et al. 1984 The control of liquid-liquid interface stability with the help of vibrations, electric and magnetic fields. Third USSR conference on hydromechanics and heatmasstransfer in weightlessness. Chernogolovka, pp. 18–20 Google Scholar
- 6.Lyubimov D.V., Cherepanov A.A. 1986 On the appearance of stationary relief on fluid interface in the vibrational field. Izv. AN SSSR, Mekhanika zhidkosti i gaza, 6, pp.8–13.Google Scholar
- 7.Lyubimov D.V., Lyubimova T.P., 1990 One method for numerical modelling in the problems with deformable fluids interfaces. Modelling in Mechanics, 4(21), 1, pp. 136–140.Google Scholar