CBR for document retrieval: The FAllQ project
This paper reports about a project on document retrieval in an industrial setting. The objective is to provide a tool that helps finding documents related to a given query, such as answers in Frequently Asked Questions databases. A CBR approach has been used to develop a running prototypical system which is currently under practical evaluation.
KeywordsHotline support document retrieval case-based reasoning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. L. Branting and J. C. Lester. Justification structures for document reuse. In Smith and Faltings , pp. 76–90.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Kamp. On the use of CBR in corporate service and support. In M. T. Keane, J. P. Haton, and M. Manago, editors, 2nd European Workshop on CBR (EWCBR-94), pp. 175–183Google Scholar
- 3.M. Lenz and H.-D. Burkhard. Case Retrieval Nets: Basic ideas and extensions. In G. Görz and S. Hölldobler, editors, KI-96: Advances in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 227–239, LNAI 1137, Springer Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Lenz and H.-D. Burkhard. Lazy propagation in Case Retrieval Nets. In W. Wahlster, editor, Proc. ECAI-96, pp. 127–131, John Wiley and Sons, 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Lenz, H.-D. Burkhard, and S. Brückner. Applying Case Retrieval Nets to diagnostic tasks in technical domains. In Smith and Faltings , pp. 219–233.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Lenz, H.-D. Burkhard, P. Pirk, E. Auriol, and M. Manago. CBR for Diagnosis and Decision Support. AI Communications, 9(3):138–146, 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.E. Riloff and W. Lehnert. Information extraction as a basis for high-precision text classification. ACM Transactions on Information Systems, 12(3):296–333, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.G. Salton and M. McGill. Introduction to Modern Information Retrieval. McGraw-Hill, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Searle. Speech Acts: An Essay in the Philosophy of Language. Cambridge University Press, New York, 1969.Google Scholar
- 10.I. Smith and B. Faltings, editors. Advances in Case-Based Reasoning, LNAI 1186. Springer Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar