Model checking PA-processes
PA (Process algebra) is the name that has become common use to denote the algebra with a sequential and parallel operator (without communication), plus recursion. PA-processes subsume both Basic Parallel Processes (BPP) [Chr93] and context-free processes (BPA). They are a simple model for infinite state concurrent systems. We show that the model checking problem for the branching time temporal logic EF is decidable for PA-processes.
KeywordsPA-processes model checking process algebras tableau systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BH96]A. Bouajjani and P. Habermehl. Constrained properties, semilinear systems, and petri nets. In Ugo Montanari and Vladimiro Sassone, editors, Proceedings of CONCUR'96, number 1119 in LNCS. Springer Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Chr93]S. Christensen. Decidability and Decomposition in Process Algebras. PhD thesis, Edinburgh University, 1993.Google Scholar
- [EK95]J. Esparza and A. Kiehn. On the model checking problem for branching time logics and basic parallel processes. In CAV'95, number 939 in LNCS, pages 353–366. Springer Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Esp]J. Esparza. Decidability of model checking for infinite-state concurrent systems. To appear in Acta Informatica.Google Scholar
- [Esp96]J. Esparza. More infinite results. In B. Steffen and T. Margaria, editors, Proceedings of INFINITY'96, number MIP-9614 in Technical report series of the University of Passau. University of Passau, 1996.Google Scholar
- [May96a]Richard Mayr. Some results on basic parallel processes. Technical Report TUM-I9616, TU-München, March 1996.Google Scholar
- [May96b]Richard Mayr. Weak bisimulation and model checking for basic parallel processes. In Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science (FSTTCS'96), number 1180 in LNCS. Springer Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Mil89]R. Milner. Communication and Concurrency. Prentice Hall, 1989.Google Scholar