Intelligent Networks planning supported by Software Tools
Now that Intelligent Networks (IN) are becoming reality, some new problems have to be considered while implementing these new architectures in real network structures.
One of the main problems is the need for new (advanced) Software (SW) Tools to optimize the dimensioning and planning process of the IN structures.
The objective of this paper is to present a complex of SW tools named POSET that is related to the IN structures dimensioning and planning. POSET allows modelling of the economics of the transition towards an IN. These tools also assist a study of network modification to improve the efficiency of the existing network.
The proposed paper is further development of work started three years ago by the Rubin Research Institute on modernization of existing networks and deployment of IN within the Russian Federal Programme of Advanced Telecommunications Networks Creation in the St. Petersburg region.
KeywordsIntelligent Networks Service Demands Software Tools Planning Process Performance Analysis Access Network Cable Radio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Makhrovskiy O., Kolpakov V., et al, “Optimal Network Evolution Planning on the Base of the Demand Model in the Region of St.Petersburg”, Proc. 3rd Intl Conference on Intelligence in Networks, Bordeaux, France, 11–13 October, 1994, pp. 227–231.Google Scholar
- ITU-T Recommendations Q. 12xx Series.Google Scholar
- Kolpakov V., Kronina L., Makhrovskiy O., et al. “New Software Tools for Network Planning and Design”, Proc. 3rd St. Petersburg Intl Conference for Regional Informatics, St. Petersburg, Russia, 10–13 May, 1994,pp.l32–142.Google Scholar
- Jensen T., “On the Dimensioning of Intelligent Networks”, Proc. Intl Conference on Informational Networks and Systems, St. Petersburg, Russia, 24–28 October, 1994, pp.417–423.Google Scholar
- Bonatti M., Gobbi R, Makhrovskiy O., etal.: Regional information networks strategic planning. “Telecommunications and Radio Engineering”, 1995, No.8.Google Scholar
- Calhoun G. Wireless access and the local telephone network. Artech House, Boston, 1992, 597p.Google Scholar
- Makhrovskiy O., et al.: Design of the regional information systems based on the intelligent networks. “Telecommunications and Radio Engineering”, 1995, No.5.Google Scholar
- Barlow R.E., Proschan F., Statistical theory of reliability and life testing. Probability models. Holt, Rinehart & Winston, Inc. 1975.Google Scholar
- Kim H. et al. “Modelling and detecting feature interaction using Petri-nets”. Proc. 3rd Intl Conference on Intelligence in Networks, Bordeaux, France, 11–13 October, 1994, pp. 385–386.Google Scholar
- ITU — T Recommendation Q.1211 (1992), Annex B.Google Scholar