Denotational semantics for timed testing
In this paper we present a denotational semantics for a timed process algebra, which is fully abstract with respect to the must testing semantics previously developed [Lla96,LdFN96]. The domain of semantic processes is made up of consistent sets of barbs, which generalize the notion of acceptance sets, in such a way that the actions that are offered but not taken in each state are also recorded. the main difficulty when defining this denotational semantics has been that the natural ordering between semantic processes cannot be proved to be complete. So an alternative stronger complete ordering has to be considered, which is proved to be consistent with the original one, in the sense that lubs of chains with respect to the new ordering are also lubs with respect to the original one.
Keywordsprocess algebra time must testing semantics denotational semantics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [dFLL+95]D. de Frutos, G. Leduc, L. Léonard, L. F. Llana-Díaz, C. Miguel, J. Que-mada, and G. Rabay. Time Extended LOTOS. In J. Quemada, editor, Working Draft on Enhancements to LOTOS. ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21/WG1, November 1995.Google Scholar
- [Hen88]M. Hennessy. Algebraic Theory of Processes. MIT Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Hoa85]C. A. R. Hoare. Communicating Sequential Processes. Prentice Hall, 1985.Google Scholar
- [LdFN96]L. F. Llana-Díaz, D. de Frutos, and M. Núñez. Testing semantics for urgent process algebras. In Third AMAST Workshop in Real Time Programming, March 1996. To appear in World Sientific: AMAST Series in Computing.Google Scholar
- [Lla96]L. F. Llana-Díaz. Jugando con el Tiempo. PhD thesis, Universidad Com-plutense de Madrid, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Mil89]R. Milner. Communication and Concurrency. Prentice Hall, 1989.Google Scholar
- [NS91]X. Nicollin and J. Sifakis. An overview and synthesis on timed process algebras. In Computer Aided Design, pages 376–398, 1991. LNCS 575.Google Scholar
- [OM91]Y. Ortega-Mallén. En Busca del Tiempo Perdido. PhD thesis, Departamento de Informática y Automática. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1991.Google Scholar
- [RR86]G. M. Reed and A. W. Roscoe. A timed model for communicating sequential processes. In ICALP '86, pages 314–323. Springer-Verlag, 1986. LNCS 226.Google Scholar
- [Yi91]W. Yi. A Calculus of Real Time Systems. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science. Chalmers University of Technology, 1991.Google Scholar