Static type checking and method lookup in Plop!
The language Plop! is an experimental object oriented language, with a functional flavor. It combines in one language the following features: prototyping, multiple delegation, multi-methods and static type checking.
KeywordsSearch Path Type Graph Parameter Position Object Vector Applicable Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R. et al. Static Type Checking of Multi-Methods, OOPSLA '91, pp. 113–128.Google Scholar
- 2.Blaschek, G. Object-Oriented Programming with Prototypes, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.Borning, A.H. Classes Versus Prototypes in Object-Oriented Languages, Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM Fall Joint Conference, 1986, pp.36–40.Google Scholar
- 4.Bracha, G. and Cook, W. Mixin-Based Inheritance, ECOOP/OOPSLA '90 Proceedings, October 1990, pp.303–311.Google Scholar
- 5.Carre, B and Geib, J-M. The Point of View Notion for Multiple Inheritance. ECOOP/OOPSLA '90 Proceedings, October 1990, pp.312–321.Google Scholar
- 6.Chambers, C. Object-Oriented Multi-Methods in Cecil. ECOOP '92 Conference Proceedings, Utrecht, the Netherlands, July 1992.Google Scholar
- 7.Chambers, G. and Leavens, G.T. Typechecking and Modules for Multi-Methods, ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol.7, No.6, pp.805–843, November 95.Google Scholar
- 8.Dony, C. et al. Prototype-Based Languages: From a New Taxonomy to Constructive Proposals and Their Validation, OOPSLA '92, pp.201–217.Google Scholar
- 9.Hölzle, U. Integrating Independently-Developed Components in Object-Oriented Languages, ECOOP '93 Proceedings, Springer Verlag Lecture Notes on Computer Science.Google Scholar
- 10.Lieberman, H. Using Prototypical Objects to Implement Shared Behavior on Object-Oriented Systems, OOPSLA '86 Proceedings, September 1986, pp.214–223.Google Scholar
- 11.Ossher, H and Harrison, W. Combination of Inheritance Hierarchies, OOPSLA '92, pp.25–40.Google Scholar
- 12.Palsberg, J. and Schwartzbach, M.I. Object-Oriented Type Systems, Wiley Professional Computing, 1994.Google Scholar
- 13.Stein, L.A., Lieberman, H. and Ungar, D. A Shared View of Sharing: The Treaty of Orlando, Object-Oriented Concepts, Applications and Databases, 1989Google Scholar
- 14.Patrick Steyaert et. al., Nested Mixin-Methods in Agora, FTP, Vrije Universiteit Brussel Google Scholar