Numerical methods for computation of the double layer logarithmic potential
An approximation of the double layer logarithmic potential is obtained as a solution to a discrete Laplacian equation with a new right-hand side. The error is estimated under the assumption that the potential belongs to some Besov spaces. Since the right hand side includes evaluation of line integrals, we use appropriate quadratures for their computation. The well know scheme of A. Mayo, 1984, can be obtained as a partial case.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Friedman, A.: Mathematics in industrial problems. Springer (1992)Google Scholar
- 2.Gold J., Graham I.: Towards automatition of boundary integral methods for Laplace's equation. in ”Mathematics of finite elements and applications” Academic Press (1991) 349–360Google Scholar
- 3.Golovin G., Makarov M., Sablin M., Sukhachev D., Yakovlev V.: Comparison of various methods for solving the Dirichlet problem for the Laplace equation in complicated domains. Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Fiz. 27 (1987) 1662–1679 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Drenska, N.: Computation of potentials used in the boundary element method. Colloq. Math. Soc. Janos Bolyai 59 (1990) 157–163Google Scholar
- 5.Kolkovska, N.: Reconstruction of some potentials used in the boundary element method. J. of Integral Equations and Applications 5 (1993) 345–367Google Scholar
- 6.Kress, R.: Linear integral equations. Springer (1989) 298Google Scholar
- 7.Lazarov, R., Mokin Yu. On the computation of the logarithmic potential. Soviet Math. Dokl. 28 (1983) 320–323Google Scholar
- 8.Mayo A.: The fast solution of Poisson's and the biharmonic equation on irregular regions. SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 21 (1984) 285–299Google Scholar
- 9.Mayo A., Greenbaum A.: Fast parallel iterative solutions of Poisson's and the biharmonic equations on irregular domains. SIAM J. Sci. Stat. Comp. 13(1992) 101–118Google Scholar
- 10.Mokin, Yu.: Methods of calculating a logarithmic potential. Izd. Moskovsk. Gos. Univ., Moscow (1988) 124 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 11.Yakovlev V. On the computation of the flaxere of the thin plate with leant edges Vestn. MGU, ser. 15 (1985) 19–22 (in Russian)Google Scholar