Clique and anticlique partitions of graphs
In the paper we prove that, for a fixed k, the problem of deciding whether a graph admits a partition of its vertex set into k-element cliques or anticliques (i.e. independent sets) is polynomial.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Alon: A note on the decomposition of graphs into isomorphic matchings, Acta Math. Acad. Sci. Hung. 42 (1983), 221–223.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Cohen, M. Tarsi: NP-completeness of graph decomposition problem, Journal of Complexity 7 (1991), 200–212.Google Scholar
- 3.M.R. Garey, D.S. Johnson, Computers and Intractability. A guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness, Freeman, San Francisco 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.O. Favaron, Z. Lonc, M. Truszczyński: Decomposition of graphs into graphs with three edges, Ars Combinatoria 20 (1985), 125–146.Google Scholar
- 5.Z. Lonc, Delta-system decompositions of graphs, to appear in Discrete Applied Mathematics.Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Lonc, On complexity of some chain and antichain partition problem, in Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science (ed. G. Schmidt and R. Berghammer), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 570, Springer-Verlag 1992, 97–104.Google Scholar
- 7.Z. Lonc and M. Truszczyński, Decomposition of large uniform hypergraphs, Order 1 (1985) 345–350.Google Scholar
- 8.R.H. Möhring, Problem 9.10, in Graphs and Order (ed. I. Rival), Reidel Publishing Co., Dordrecht 1985, 583.Google Scholar