OB(PN)2: An Object Based Petri Net Programming Notation (extended abstract)
In this paper we present a translation from the object-based language OB(PN)2 to a class of high-level Petri nets. The OB(PN)2 language is an extension of B(PN)2 as defined by Best and Hopkins, and the semantics is inspired by the B(PN)2 semantics defined in terms of M-nets. The translation relies on the CCS-like composition operators defined for M-nets. Each program construct is translated to a box (a special kind of net) or an operation for combining boxes. Thus in essence each program is translated into an expression in the algebra of boxes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BH93]E. Best and R.P. Hopkins. B(PN)2 — A Basic Petri Net Programming Notation. In Proc. of PARLE-93, pp. 379–390.Google Scholar
- [BHW+95]E. Best, H. Fleischhack, W. Fraczak, R.P. Hopkins, H. Klaudel, and E. Pelz. An M-net Semantics of B(PN)2. In Proc. of STRICT'95, pp. 85–100.Google Scholar
- [Gra95]B. Grahlmann. An introduction to the principles, the functionality and the usage of the pep-system. In Proc. of PEP Workshop, nr. 14/95 in Hildesheimer Inf. Ber., 1995.Google Scholar
- [GTV93]P. Grönberg, M. Tiusanen, and K. Varpaaniemi. PROD — A Pr/T-Net reachability analysis tool. Technical Report B11, Digital Systems Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Lil]J. Lilius. OB(PN)2: An Object Based Petri Net Programming Notation. Technical Report. Digital Systems Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, to appear.Google Scholar
- [LP]J. Lilius and E. Pelz. An M-net semantics for B(PN)2 with procedures. Submitted to ISCIS-XI.Google Scholar
- [YT87]A. Yonezawa and M. Tokoro. Object-Oriented Concurrent Programming. Computer Systems Series. MIT Press, 1987.Google Scholar