A necessary and sufficient condition for proper routing in omega-omega network
Recently, a routing algorithm, called inside-out algorithm, was proposed for routing an arbitrary permutation in the omega-based 2log2N stage networks including the omega-omega network. This paper discusses the problems of the inside-out routing algorithm and shows that the suggested condition for proper routing in the omega-omega network is insufficient. This paper suggests an extended necessary and sufficient condition for proper routing in the omega-omega network.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Benes, V.: On Rearrangeable Three-Stage Connecting Networks. Bell Syst. Tech. J. XLI (1962) 1481–1492Google Scholar
- 2.Feng, T., Seo, S.: A New Routing Algorithm for a Class of Rearrangeable Networks. IEEE Trans. on Computers (1994) 1270–1280Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, M.: Generalized Classes of Rearrangeable Multistage Interconnection Networks. Ph.D. Thesis Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, K.: On the Rearrangeability of 2(log2N)−1 Stage Permutation Networks. IEEE Trans. on Computers (1985) 412–425Google Scholar
- 6.Opferman, D., Tsao-Wu, N.: On a Class of Rearrangeable Switching Networks-Part I: Control Algorithm. Bell Syst. Tech. J. 50 (1971) 1579–1600Google Scholar
- 7.Yeh, Y., Feng, T.: On a Class of Rearrangeable Networks. IEEE Trans. on Computers (1992) 1361–1379Google Scholar