Tracking and learning graphs on image sequences of faces
We demonstrate a system capable of tracking, in real world image sequences, landmarks such as eyes, mouth, or chin on a face. In a first version knowledge previously collected about faces is used for finding the landmarks in the first frame. In a second version the system is able to track the face without any prior knowledge about faces and is thus applicable to other object classes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Lades, J.C. Vorbrüggen, J. Buhmann, J. Lange, C. von der Malsburg, R.P. Würtz, W. Konen, Distortion Invariant Object Recognition in the Dynamic Link Architecture, IEEE Trans. Comp., Vol. 42, No. 3, p. 300–311, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Wiskott, J.M. Fellous, N. Krüger, C. von der Malsburg, Face Recognition and Gender Determination, Proc. of the International Workshop on Automatic Face-and Gesture-Recognition (IWAFGR), p. 92, Zürich, 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Turk & A. Pentland, Eigenfaces for Recognition, Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, Vol. 3, No. 1, p. 71, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.W. Konen &. E. Schulze-Krüger, ZN-Face: A system for access control using automated face recognition, IWAFGR, p. 18, Zürich, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.T. Poggio & D. Beymer, Learning networks for face analysis and synthesis, IWAFGR, p. 160, Zürich, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Maurer & C. von der Malsburg, Learning Feature Transformations to Recognize Faces Rotated in Depth, ICANN, Vol. 1, p. 353, Paris, 1995.Google Scholar
- 7.D.J. Fleet & A.D. Jepson, Computation of component image velocity from local phase information, Int. Journal of Computer Vision, Vol. 5, No. 1, p. 77, 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.W.M. Theimer & H.A. Mallot, Phase-based binocular vergence control and depth reconstruction using active vision, CVGIP: Image Understanding, Vol. 60, No. 3, p. 343, 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Wiskott, Labeled Graphs and Dynamic Link Matching for Face Recognition and Scene Analysis, Verlag Harri Deutsch, Thun, Frankfurt a. Main, Reihe Physik, Vol. 53, 1995.Google Scholar