Regression by topological map: Application on real data
We address the problem of oceanographic data regression with constrainted Kohonen self-organizing maps. Using constrainted topological mapping algorithm on real data, we show that it is well suited to geographic needs. It appears as an elegant way to overcome uneven spatial sampling problems.
KeywordsConstrainted topological mapping Nonparametric regression Oceanographic data analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Najafi Cherkasski. Constrainted topological mapping for nonparametric regression analysis. Neural Network, 4:27–40, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.Hardle. Applied Nonparametric Regression. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1990.Google Scholar
- 3.Hardle. Smoothing techniques with implementation in S. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.Kohonen. Self-organisation and associative memory. Springer-Verlag, 3rd edition, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.Schulten Ritter, Martinetz. Neural Computation and Self-Organizing Maps, An Introduction. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1992.Google Scholar