XVERSA: An integrated graphical and textual toolset for the specification and analysis of resource-bound real-time systems
We present XVERSA, a set of tools for the specification and analysis of resource-bound real-time systems. XVERSA facilitates the use of the Algebra of Communicating Shared Resources (ACSR), a real-time process algebra with explicit notions of resources and priority. A text based user interface supports syntax checking, analysis based on equivalence checking, state space exploration, and algebraic rewriting. A graphical user interface allows systems to be described and analyzed using intuitive pictorial representations of ACSR language elements.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BA96]Hanêne Ben-Abdallah. Graphical Communicating Shared Resources: A Language for the Specification, Refinement, and Analysis of Real-Time Systems. PhD thesis, Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania, 1996.Google Scholar
- [BALC95]Hanêne Ben-Abdallah, Insup Lee, and Jin-Youg Choi. A graphical language with formal semantics for the specification and analysis of real-time systems. In Proc. of IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, Pisa, Italy, December 1995.Google Scholar
- [BPV94]D. Bosscher, I. Polak, and F. Vaandrager. Verification of an Audio Control Protocol. In H. Langmaack, W.-P. de Roever, and J. Vytopil, editors, FTRTFT '94: Formal Techniques in Real-time and Fault-tolerant Systems, pages 170–192. LNCS 863, Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- [CL95]Duncan Clarke and Insup Lee. A hybrid approach to formal verification applied to an ATM switching system. Technical report, Dept. of CIS, Univ. of Pennsylvania, Dec 1995.Google Scholar
- [CLX95a]J-Y. Choi, I. Lee, and H-L Xie. The Specification and Schedulability Analysis of Real-Time Systems using ACSR. In Proc. of IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, December 1995.Google Scholar
- [CLX95b]D. Clarke, I. Lee, and H. Xie. VERSA: A tool for the specification and analysis of resouice-bound real-time systems. Journal of Computer and Software Engineering, 3(2), April 1995.Google Scholar
- [LBAC96]Insup Lee, Hanêne Ben-Abdallah, and Jin-Young Choi. A process algebraic method for the specification and analysis of real-time systems. In Constance Heitmeyer and Dino Mandrioli, editors, Formal Methods for Real-Time Computing, chapter 7. John. Wiley & Sons, Chichester, January 1996.Google Scholar
- [LG85]I. Lee and V. Gehlot. Language Constructs for Distributed Real-Time Programming. In Proc. IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, 1985.Google Scholar
- [LL95]Claus Lewerentz and Thomas Linder, editors. Formal Development of Reactive Systems: Case Study Production Cell, volume 891 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer-Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- [MT90]F. Moller and C. Tofts. A Temporal Calculus of Communicating Systems. In Proc. of CONCUR '90, pages 401–415. LNCS 458, Springer Verlag, August 1990.Google Scholar
- [Sha92]A. Shaw. Communicating Real-time State Machines. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, September 1992.Google Scholar