Event and action representation and composition for multimedia application scenario modelling
In this paper we present a model for the representation of multimedia applications based on the scenario concept. The scenario is described in terms of events and actions. The proposed model represents all the events that may occur in a multimedia application (originated from the system, the application or the user). As regards actions we propose a rich scheme for spatial and temporal composition representation based on operators that cover all the spatial and temporal relationships among multimedia objects. Finally the scenario of the application is represented as a set of scenario tuples that correspond to fundamental sets of actions originated by the same event (or events).
KeywordsInteractive Multimedia Applications Events Temporal Composition Scenario Modelling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ALL83]J. F. Allen: Maintaining Knowledge about Temporal Intervals, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 26, No. 11, November 1983, pp. 832–843.Google Scholar
- [CHA94]A. Ghafoor (1994): Multimedia Databases Coursenotes, ACM Multimedia 94 Conference.Google Scholar
- [EGE91]Egenhofer, M., Franzosa R: Point-Set Topological Spatial Relations, International Journal of Geographic Information Systems, Vol 5, No. 2, pp. 160–174.Google Scholar
- [GAT94]S. Gatziu, K. Dittrich: Detecting Composite Events in Active Database Systens Using PetriNets, Proc. of 4th Intl. Workshop on Research Issues in Data Engineering: Active database systems, Texas, February, 1994Google Scholar
- [HOE91]P. Hoepner: Synchronizing the Presentation of Multimedia Objects, ACM SIGOIS, January 1991, pp. 19–31.Google Scholar
- [LIT91]T. Little, A. Ghafoor: Spatio-temporal Composition of Multimedia, IEEE Computer, Vol24, No. 10, October 91, pp. 42–50.Google Scholar
- [LIT93]T.Little, A. Ghafoor: Interval-Based Conceptual Models for Tim-Dependent Multimedia Data, IEEE Transactions on Data and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 551–563, August 93.Google Scholar
- [VAZ93]M. Vazirgiannis, M. Hatzopoulos: A Script Based Approach for Interactive Multimedia Applications, Proceedings of the MMM (International Conference on Multi-Media Modelling) Conference, Singapore, (November 9–12, 1993).Google Scholar
- [VAZ95]M. Vazirgianis, M. Hatzopoulos: Integrated Multimedia Object And Application Modelling based on events and scenarios, Proceedings of 1st IEEE International Workshop for MMDBMSs, 8/1995, Blue Mountain Lake, NY (The Adirondacks).Google Scholar