MHEG 5 — Standardized presentation objects for the Set Top Unit environment
The rapid development of multimedia services such as video-on-demand, tele-shopping or personal communication for residential use require the development of standards to ensure interoperability between service providers and customers at several levels: Physical network connection, protocols, management, application and content encoding. This paper introduces the MHEG 5 standard, which addresses the encoding of behavior and layout of multimedia applications. MHEG 5 is designed for low-resource environments such as Set Top Units.
KeywordsMultimedia MHEG ISO Encoding Services Set Top Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ISO 13522.1: MHEG 1 IS: MHEG Object Representation, Base NotationGoogle Scholar
- ISO 13522.2: not availableGoogle Scholar
- ISO 13522.3: MHEG 3 CD: Extensions for scripting language supportGoogle Scholar
- ISO 13522.4: MHEG 4 CD: Registration Procedure for Format IdentifierGoogle Scholar
- ISO 13522.5: MHEG 5 DIS: Support for Base-Level Interactive ApplicationsGoogle Scholar
- ISO 8825.4: ASN.1: Abstract Syntax Notation Number OneGoogle Scholar
- ISO 8897: SGML: Standardized General Markup LanguageGoogle Scholar