An inherent probabilistic aspect of the Hough transform
In this paper, we clarify the probabilistic nature of the Hough transform embedded in the transformation process from image space to parameter space, and demonstrate that such probabilistic aspect of the Hough transform is independent of the input image, and will strongly influence its performance.
- P. V. C. Hough (1962), A method and means for recognizing complex patterns, U.S. Patent 3,069,654.Google Scholar
- M. Cohen and G. T. Toussaint (1977), On the detection of structures in noisy pictures, Pattern Recognition 9, pp. 95–98.Google Scholar
- H. Maitre (1986), Contribution to the prediction of performances of the Hough transform, IEEE T-PAMI 8, pp. 669–674.Google Scholar
- V. F. Leavers (1990), The Dynamic generalized Hough transform, in Proceedings, First European Conference on Computer Vision, pp.592–594.Google Scholar
- Z. Hu and J. Destiné (1993), Parameter probability density analysis for the Hough transform, Signal Processing, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 159–168.Google Scholar
- L. Xu and E. Oja (1993), Randomized Hough Transform: Basic Mechanisms, Algorithms, and Computational Complexities, CVGIP:Image Understanding, Vol. 57, No.2, pp. 131–154.Google Scholar