Some constructions of generalised concatenated codes based on unit memory codes
Various schemes of concatenated coding on the basis of unit memory codes are considered. Constructive lower bounds for the free distance and also for extended row, column and segment distances are obtained. For fixed rates of concatenated codes the reasonable range of rates of inner codes are given. Characteristics of interleaved codes are investigated. It is shown, that the generalised concatenated codes ensure better distance bounds than the ordinary concatenated codes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.D. Forney, Jr., Concatenated Codes. Cambridge, MA: MIT, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.E.L. Blokh and V.V. Zyablov, Linear Concatenated Codes. Moscow, Nauka, 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.V.V. Zyablov and S.A. Shavgulidze, Generalised Concatenated Constructions on a Base of Convolutional Codes. Moscow, Nauka, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems, “Recommendation for Space Data Systems Standard, Telemetry Channel Coding,” CCSDS 101.0-B-2, Blue Book, Issue 2, Jan. 1987.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Justesen, “Bounded distance decoding of unit memory codes,”. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. IT-25, pp. 240–243, Mar. 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.U. Sorger, “A new construction of partial unit memory codes based on Reed-Solomon codes,” Probl. Peredach. Inform., vol. 30, pp. 16–20, 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.V. Zyablov and V. Sidorenko, “On periodic (partial) unit memory codes with maximum free distance,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 29, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 74–79, 1994.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Justesen, C. Thommesen, S. Shavgulidze and V. Zyablov, Bounds on Distances of Convolutional Concatenated Codes Based on Unit Memory Codes. Tech. Rep. Institute of Telecommunication IT-158, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, 1995.Google Scholar