Modular decomposition of hypergraphs
We propose an O(n4) algorithm to build the modular decomposition tree of hypergraphs of dimension 3 and show how this algorithm can be generalized to compute efficiently the decomposition of hypergraphs of fixed dimension k.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alain Cournier and Michel Habib. A new linear algorithm for modular decomposition. In Sophie Tison, editor, Trees in algebra and programming, CAAP '94: 19th international colloquium, LNCS 787, pages 68–84, 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Ehrenfeucht, H.N. Gabow, R.M. McConnell, and S.J. Sullivan. An O(n 2) divide and conquer algorithm for the prime tree decomposition of 2-structures. Journal of Algorithms, 16:283–294, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Ehrenfeucht and G. Rozenberg. Theory of 2-structures, part 2: representations through labeled tree families. Theoretical Computer Science, 70:305–342, 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.Andrzej Ehrenfeucht and Ross M. McConnell. A k-structure generalization of the theory of 2-structures. Theoretical Computer Science, 132:209–227, 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Engelfriet, T. Harjan, A. Proskurowsky, and G. Rozenberg. Survey on graphs as 2-structures and parallel complexity of decomposition. Technical Report TR9306, University of Leiden, Department of Computer Science, 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.M.C. Golumbic. Algorithmic Graph Theory and Perfect Graphs. Academic Press, New York, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Ross M. McConnell and Jeremy P. Spinrad. Linear-time modular decomposition of undirected graphs and efficient transitive orientation of comparability graphs. In 5th ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, pages 536–545, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.R.H. Möhring. Algorithmic aspects of comparability graphs and interval graphs. In I. Rival, editor, Graphs and Orders, pages 41–101. D. Reidel, Boston, 1985.Google Scholar
- 9.R.H. Möhring. Algorithmic aspects of the substitution decomposition in optimization over relations, set systems and boolean functions. Annals of Operations Research, 4:195–225, 1985/6.Google Scholar
- 10.R.H. Möhring and F.J. Radermacher. Substitution decomposition for discrete structures and connections with combinatorial optimization. Annals of Discrete Mathematics, 19:257–356, 1984.Google Scholar