COVERS — A tool for the design of real-time concurrent systems
We give an overview of the existing commercial tools for the design of real-time concurrent systems and propose a list of features the ideal design environment should have. Then the COVERS tool is described. Its underlying abstract model is a derivative of the Timed Transition System. The concrete modelling language is based upon the structural, behavioral and data processing views on the real-time concurrent system. COVERS supports a sequential subset of Statecharts and ANSI C. The formal semantics of the concrete model is presented. We describe a method of testing the real time temporal properties using spy processes, and, briefly, debugging and performance analysis means.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AH92]R. Alur and T.A. Henzinger. Logics and Models of Real Time. A Survey. LNCS, 1992.Google Scholar
- [BONeS]Bones Designer. Modelling Reference Guide. Version 2.6. Comdisco Systems, a business unit of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. USA, 1993.Google Scholar
- [DCPN]Design/CPN. A Reference Manual. Version 1.75. Meta Software Corporation, USA, 1991.Google Scholar
- [H87]D. Harel. Statecharts: A Visual Formalism for Complex Systems. Science of Computer Programming, Vol. 8, No. 3, June 1987, pp 231–274.Google Scholar
- [HLNPPSST90]D. Harel, H. Lachover, A. Naamad, A. Pnueli, M. Politi, R. Sherman, A. Shtull-Trauring and M. Trakhtenbrot. STATEMATE: A Working Environment for the Development of Complex Reactive Systems. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 4, April 1990, pp 403–414.Google Scholar
- [HMP92]T.A. Henzinger, Z. Manna and A. Pnueli. Timed Transition Systems. Technical Report TR 92-1263, Department of Computer Science, Cornell University, January 1992.Google Scholar
- [P92]A.S. Palmer. An Illustration of Data Resources + Transaction Modelling as Applied to a Simple Network Problem. Scientific and Engineering Software Inc., USA, March 1992.Google Scholar
- [SES]SES Workbench. User's manual. Release 2.1. Scientific and Engineering Software Inc., USA, 1992.Google Scholar