Confluence for process verification
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 962)
Session: Process Algebra I
We provide several notions of confluence in processes and we show how these relate to τ-inertness, i.e. if
, then s and s′ are equivalent. Using deterministic linear processes we show how these notions can conveniently be used to reduce the size of state spaces and simplify the structure of processes while preserving equivalence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.J. Andrews, J.F. Groote, and C.A. Middelburg, editors. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Semantics of Specification Languages, Utrecht, The Netherlands. Workshops in Computing, Springer-Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.J.C.M. Baeten and W.P. Weijland. Process Algebra, vol. 18 of Cambridge Tracts in Theoretical Computer Science. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.M.A. Bezem and J.F. Groote. Invariants in process algebra with data. In B. Jonsson and J. Parrow, editors, Proceedings of the 5 th Conference on Theories of Concurrency, CONCUR '94, Uppsala, Sweden, August 1994, vol. 836 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 401–416. Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.J.F. Groote and A. Ponse. Proof theory for μCRL: a language for processes with data. In Andrews et al.Google Scholar
- 6.J.F. Groote and A. Ponse. The syntax and semantics of μCRL. In A. Ponse, C. Verhoef, and S.F.M. van Vlijmen, editors, Proceedings of the 1 st Workshop in the Algebra of Communicating Processes, ACP '94, Utrecht, the Netherlands, July 1994, pages 26–62. Springer-Verlag, July 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.G.J. Holzmann and D. Peled. An improvement in formal verification. In Proceedings FORTE 1994 Conference, Bern, Switzerland, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Milner. A Calculus of Communicating Systems, vol. 92 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1980.Google Scholar
- 9.H. Qin. Efficient verification of determinate processes. In J.C.M. Baeten and J.F. Groote, editors, Proceedings of the 2 nd Conference on Theories of Concurrency, CONCUR '91, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, August 1991, vol. 527 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 471–494. Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- 10.M.P.A. Sellink. Verifying process algebra proofs in type theory. In Andrews et al. , pages 315–339.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1995