Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 457)
Applications of quantum characteristic exponents
We show that using the recently introduced quantum characteristic exponents one can give a simple and natural characterization of stability of quantum dynamical maps.
KeywordsLyapunov Exponent Characteristic Exponent Quadrature Operator Quantum Chaos Continuous Dynamical System
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [A]W. Arverson, in Operator Algebras and Mathematical Physics, Contemporary Mathematics, 62, 283–343 (1987) (American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1987).Google Scholar
- [AC]L. Arnold, H. Crauel, Random dynamical systems, in Lyapunov exponents, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1486, Springer-Verlag (1991).Google Scholar
- [ACh]T. Ando and M.D. Choi, in Aspects of Positivity in Functional Analysis, edited by Nagel et al. (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1986), pp. 3–13.Google Scholar
- [AM]R. Alicki, W.A. Majewski, On a general characterization of nonlinear quantum dynamical maps, Phys. Lett. A148, 69 (1990).Google Scholar
- [CKM]M. Czachor, M. Kuna, W.A. Majewski, Lyapunov instability of squeezing, preprint, Gdansk University (1994).Google Scholar
- [ENTS]G.G. Emch, H. Narnhofer, W. Thirring and G.L. Sewell, Anosov actions on noncommutative algebras, J. Math. Phys. 35, 5582 (1994).Google Scholar
- [ER]J.P. Eckmann, D. Ruelle, Rev. Mod. Physics 57, 617 (1985).Google Scholar
- [FE]R.F. Fox, J. Eidson, Phys. Rev. 34A, 482 (1986).Google Scholar
- [KM1]M. Kuna, W.A. Majewski, On quantum chaos and quantum characteristic exponents, Rep. Math. Phys. 33, 111 (1993).Google Scholar
- [KM2]M. Kuna, W.A. Majewski, An example of quantum dynamical system with the hyperbolic instabilities, preprint, Gdansk University (1994).Google Scholar
- [M]G.J. Milburn, Coherence and chaos in a quantum optic system, Phys. Rev. A41, 6567 (1990).Google Scholar
- [MK1]W.A. Majewski, M. Kuna, On the definition of characteristic exponents, in Proceedings of the Workshop on Phase Transition: Mathematics, Physics,.., Ed. R. Kotecky, World Scientific (1993).Google Scholar
- [MK2]W.A. Majewski, M. Kuna, On quantum characteristic exponents, J. Math. Phys. 34, 5007 (1993).Google Scholar
- [MK3]W.A. Majewski, M. Kuna, Non-commutative systems with chaos, Quantum Probability and Related Topics, vol. 9, in print.Google Scholar
- [P]Ya.B. Pesin, Characteristic Lyapunov exponents and smooth ergodic theory, in Dynamical Systems, Advanced series in nonlinear dynamics, Vol 1., World Scientific (1991).Google Scholar
- [V]R. Vilela Mendes, On the existence of quantum characteristic exponents, Phys. Lett. A187, 299 (1994).Google Scholar
- [Y]B. Yurke, Squeezed Light, Rochester University (1989). *** DIRECT SUPPORT *** A3418380 00010Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1995