Singly-even self-dual codes and Hadamard matrices
A construction of binary self-dual singly-even codes from Hadamard matrices is described. As an application, all inequivalent extremal singly-even [40,20,8] codes derived from Hadamard matrices of order 20 are enumerated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E.F. Assmus, Jr., and H.F. Mattson, Jr., New 5-designs, J. Combin. Theory 6 (1969), 122–151.Google Scholar
- 2.F.C. Bussemaker and V.D. Tonchev, New extremal doubly-even codes of length 56 derived from Hadamard matrices of order 28, Discrete Math. 76 (1989), 45–49.Google Scholar
- 3.F.C. Bussemaker and V.D. Tonchev, Extremal doubly-even codes of length 40 derived from Hadamard matrices of order 20, Discrete Math. 82 (1990), 317–321.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Buyuklieva and V. Yorgov, Singly-even dual codes of length 40, Proc. ACCT4 '94, Novgorod, Russia, 1994, 60–61.Google Scholar
- 5.P.J. Cameron and J.H. van Lint, Graphs, Codes and Designs, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1980.Google Scholar
- 6.J.H. Conway and N.J.A. Sloane, A new upper bound on the minimal distance of self-dual codes, IEEE. Trans. Inform. Theory 36 (1990), 1319–1333.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Hall, Jr., Hadamard matrices of order 20, Jet Propulsion Laboratory Technical Report No. 32–761, 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Harada, Weighing matrices and self-dual codes, Ars Combinatoria, (to appear).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Kimura, Extremal doubly even (56,28,12) codes and Hadamard matrices of order 28, Australasian J. Combin. 10 (1994), 153–161. to appear.Google Scholar
- 10.F.J. MacWilliams and N.J.A. Sloane, The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1977.Google Scholar
- 11.V.D. Tonchev, Combinatorial Configurations, Longman Scientific and Technical, Wiley, New York, 1988.Google Scholar
- 12.V.D. Tonchev, Self-orthogonal designs and extremal doubly-even codes, J. Combin. Theory Ser. A 52 (1989), 197–205.Google Scholar