Fuzzy function estimators as basis on learning from experience
This paper describes an alternative method to neural networks for description of high nonlinear systems identification as well as systems in which being nonlinear there are variables with very high time varying rate with respect to the other system variables.lt consists in a learning algorithm to be applied in process control, covering several topics of control applications such as system identification, observer design and adaptive control in a simple and useful way which make the method reliable to be applied on industrial process control. Knowledge acquired by means of a proposed learning algorithm is stored into a DAM or FAM (deterministic or fuzzy associative memory) for finally be applied on controller mapping, state observer mapping or model parameter mapping. With such mappings, control design techniques may be applied included the adaptive/learning or hybrid control algorithms.
KeywordsFuzzy associative memory Learning algorithm Membership-function set Universe of discourse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bart Kosko, (1992). Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems. Chap. 8, pp 299–339. Prentice Hall International Editions. U.S.A.Google Scholar
- Ferreiro García, R. (1994). Associative memories as lerning basis applied to the roll control of an aircraft. Proceedings of the 5th Int. Symp. AMST'94. Application of Multivariable System Techniques, pp 27–32. University of Bradford. West Yorkshire, U.K.Google Scholar
- Ferreiro Garcia R., (1994). FAM rule as basis for poles shifting applied to the roll control of an aircraft, Proceedings of the IMACS International Symposium on Signal Processing, Robotics and Neural Networks SPRANN'94, pp 375–378, Editors: P. Borne T. Fukuda S.G. Tzafestas, E.C.Lille, FranceGoogle Scholar
- K.J. Astrom and Thomas J. McAvoy, 1992. Intelligent control:An overview and evaluation. Handbook of Intelligent Control, Chap. I, pp. 3–21, Ed. David A. White and Donakd A. Sofge, Ed. Van Nostrand Reinhold. U.S.AGoogle Scholar
- K.S. Narendra, 1992. Adaptive control of dynamic systems using neural networks Handbook of Intelligent Control, Cap. V, pp. 141–181, Ed. David A. White and Donakd A. Sofge, Ed. Van Nostrand Reinhold. U.S.AGoogle Scholar
- Sinha N. K. and Kuszta B. (1983) Modeling and Identification of Dynamic Systems. Chap. 3, pp 27–50 Ed. Van Nostrand Reinhold Company. N.Y. U.S.A.Google Scholar