An architecture with multiple meta-levels for the development of correct programs
In this paper we design a multi-meta-level compositional architecture for correct programs development. In this architecture an object level, describing an application domain, together with a metalevel, representing the semantics of a programming language, and a meta-meta-level, reflecting the adopted methodology, provide a specification of a generic system supporting the user in the process of correct programs construction. The ideas reported in this paper are illustrated in a prototype version of the system, designed for Dijkstra's guarded command programming language.
Keywordsmulti-level compositional architecture formal program development specification and verification programming in logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Apt. Logic programming. In J. van Leeuven, editor, Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science. Elsevier Science Publishers, 1990.Google Scholar
- E. W. Dijkstra. A Discipline of Programming. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1976.Google Scholar
- G. Dromey. Program Derivation. The Development of Program from Specifications. Addison Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1989.Google Scholar
- B. Dunin-Kęplicz. Formal reconstruction of correct programs development process. Technical report, Institute of Informatics, Warsaw University, 1994.Google Scholar
- B. Dunin-Kęplicz, J. Jabłonowski, W. łukaszewicz, and E. Madalińska-Bugaj. CAProDel: A system for computer aided program development. To appear in Proceeding of the Sixth International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, SEKE'94, Jurmala, Latvia, 1994.Google Scholar
- B. Dunin-Kęplicz, J. Jabłonowski, W. łukaszewicz, and E. Madalińska-Bugaj. Developing programs from specifications: Design of a system. In Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Information Systems Developers Workbench, pages 145–168, Gdańsk, 1992.Google Scholar
- D. Gries. The Science of Programming. Springer, Berlin, 1981.Google Scholar
- A. Langevelde, A. Philipsen, and J. Treur. Formal specification of compositional architecture. In Proceedings of ECAI 92, pages 272–276, Vienna, 1992.Google Scholar
- W. M. Turski. Computer Programming Methodology. Heyden, London, 1978.Google Scholar