A HOL formalisation of the Temporal Logic of Actions
We describe an attempt to formalise the semantics of the Temporal Logic of Actions (TLA) by means of the HOL theorem prover. Special concern has been devoted to trying to formalise the rules that govern refinement mappings and data hiding in the TLA framework.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Abadi and L. Lamport. The existence of refinement mappings. Theoretical Computer Science, 82(2):253–284, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.F. Andersen. A Theorem Prover for UNITY in Higher Order Logic. PhD thesis, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.R. J. R. Back and J. von Wright. Refinement concepts formalized in higher order logic. Formal Aspects of Computing, 2:247–272, 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Camillieri. Mechanizing CSP trace theory in Higher Order Logic. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 16(9):993–1004, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.C-T Chou. Mechanical verification of distributed algorithms in higher-order logic. In these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 6.U. Engberg, P. Groenning, and L. Lamport. Mechanical verification of concurrent systems with TLA. In G. v. Bochmann and D. K. Probst, editors, Computer Aided Verification — Fourth International Workshop. CAV '92. Montreal. Canada. June 29–July 1. 1992, volume 663 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.M.J.C. Gordon and T.F. Melham, editors. Introduction to HOL. Cambridge University Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Lamport. The temporal logic of actions. Research Report 79, DEC, Systems Research Center, December 1991. A revised version of the paper will appear in ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems.Google Scholar
- 9.J. von Wright. Mechanising the temporal logic of actions in HOL. In Proceedings of the 1991 HOL Tutorial and Workshop, August 1991.Google Scholar
- 10.J. von Wright. Program refinement by theorem prover. In BCS FACS Sixth Refinement Workshop — Theory and Practise of Formal Software Development. 5th–7th January, City University, London, UK., 1994.Google Scholar
- 11.J. von Wright, J. Hekanaho, P. Luostarinen, and T. Långbacka. Mechanising some advanced refinement concepts. Formal Methods in System Design, 3:49–81, 1993.Google Scholar
- 12.J. von Wright and T. Långbacka. Using a theorem prover for reasoning about concurrent algortihms. In G. v. Bochmann and D. K. Probst, editors, Computer Aided Verification — Fourth International Workshop. CAV '92. Montreal. Canada. June 29–July 1. 1992, volume 663 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar