Optimization of diagnostic examination
The paper deals with mesh-connected massively parallel systems affected by failures. The complexity of a local diagnostic procedure, based on new definitions of the local k-diagnosability and the r-fault-tolerance, is analysed. It depends on distances between individual fault clusters and on fault cluster diameters. In particular cases the minimum distance between fault clusters can be enlarged on the account of the maximum fault cluster diameter. The criterion function for the optimization of the diagnostic examination is proposed.
Keywordsmassively parallel system interconnection networks fault-tolerance local diagnosability complexity analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Yalamanchili, J. K. Aggarwal, ”Reconfiguration Strategies for Parallel Architectures”, IEEE Computer, December 1985, pp. 44–51.Google Scholar
- 2.I. Koren, D. K. Pradhan, ”Yield and Performance Enhancement Through Redundancy in VLSI and WSI Multiprocessor Systems”, Proceeding of the IEEE, Vol. 74, No. 5, May 1986, pp. 699–711.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Wang, M. Cutler, S. Y. H. Su, ”Reconfiguration of VLSI/WSI Mesh Array Processors with Two-Level Redundancy”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 38, No. 4, April 1989, pp. 547–554.Google Scholar
- 4.K. P. Belkhale, P. Banerjee, ”Reconfiguration Strategies for VLSI Processor Arrays and Trees Using a Modified Diogenes Approach”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 41, No. 1, Jan. 1992, pp. 83–96.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Negrini, M. Sami, R. Stefanelli, ”Fault Tolerance Techniques for Array Structures Used in Supercomputing”, IEEE Computer, February 1986, pp. 78–87.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Trobec, L. Gyergyek, J. Korenini, ”Two-Dimensional Parallel System Diagnostic”, Microprocessing and Microprogramming, No. 25, 1989, pp. 353–358.Google Scholar
- 7.P. Banerjee, J. A. Abraham, ”Fault-Secure Algorithms for Multiple-Processors Systems”, Proc. of the Inter. Conf. on Computer Architecture, June 1984, pp. 147–154.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Trobec, I. Jerebic, ”Distributed local diagnostics in massively parallel systems”, submitted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.K. Thulasiraman, M. N. S. Swamy, ”Graph: Theory and Algorithms”, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1992.Google Scholar
- 10.”Handbook of Reliability Data”, British Telecom, Materials and Components Centre, 4-th Issue, 1986.Google Scholar