A unified framework for multicast forwarding
This paper examines the issues of implementation and integration in multicast. A framework for multicast forwarding is presented, which separates multicast forwarding from any associated protocols that may affect the forwarding decisions, such as multicast routing, resource management and host membership protocols. This framework allows seamless integration of various associated protocols and provides a unified interface for new development.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Casner, S. Deering, First IETF Internet Audiocast, ACM Computer Communication Review, Vol. 22, No. 3, July 1992.Google Scholar
- 2.D. Waitzman, C. Partridge, S. Deering, Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol, RFC 1075, Nov 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Deering, Multicast Routing in a Datagram Internetwork, Stanford University, PhD Thesis, Nov 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Ballardie, P. Francis, J. Crowcroft, Core Based Tree (CBT), ACM Sigcomm'93, Sept 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Brim, Scalable Reverse Path Multicasting (SRPM), Preprint, June 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Deering, D. Estrin, D. Farinacci, and V. Jacobson, IGMP Router Extensions for Routing to Sparse Multicast-Groups, Preprint, July 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Jacobson, D. Clark, Flexible and Efficient Resource Management for Datagram Networks, Presentation Slides, Sept 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Ferrari, A. Banerjea, H, Zhang, Network Support for Multimedia, A Discussion of the Tenet Approach, Technical Report TR-92-072, University of California at Berkeley, Nov 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.D. Clark, S. Shenker, and L. Zhang, Supporting Real-Time Applications in an Integrated Services Packet Network: Architecture and Mechanism, ACM Sigcomm'92, Sept 1992.Google Scholar
- 10.L. Zhang, S. Deering, D. Estrin, S. Shenker, D. Zappala, RSVP: A New Resource ReSerVation Protocol, IEEE Networks, Sept 1993.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Deering, MBONE Enhancements, Internal Presentation, End-to-End Research Meeting, June 1993.Google Scholar
- 12.V. Jacobson, Internal Discussion, End-to-End Research Meeting, June 1993.Google Scholar