A reordering operation for an ordered binary decision diagram and an extended framework for combinatorics of graphs
Binary decision diagrams have been shown as a powerful paradigm in handling Boolean functions and have been applied to many fields such as VLSI CAD, AI, combinatorics, etc. This paper proposes a new operation on an ordered binary decision diagram (OBDD), called reordering, and demonstrates its usefulness with presenting an extended algorithmic framework of applying OBDDs to combinatorial graph enumeration problems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. B. Akers: “Binary Decision Diagrams”, IEEE Trans. on Computers, C-27(1978), pp.509–516.Google Scholar
- 2.K. S. Brace, R. L. Rudell and R. Bryant: “Efficient Implementation of a BDD Package”, Proc. 27th Design Automation Conference (1990), pp.40–45.Google Scholar
- 3.R. E. Bryant: “Graph Based Algorithms for Boolean Function Manipulation”, IEEE Trans. on Computers, C-35 (1986), pp.677–691.Google Scholar
- 4.J. R. Burch, E. M. Clarke, K. L. McMillan, D. L. Dill, and J. Hwang: “Symbolic model checking: 1020 states and beyond”, Proc. 5th Annual Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (1990), pp. 428–439.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Fujita, Y. Matsunaga and T. Kakuda: “On Variable Ordering of Binary Decision Diagrams for the Application of Multilevel Logic Synthesis”, Proc. European Conference on Design Automation (1991).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Ishiura, H. Sawada and S. Yajima: “Minimization of Binary Decision Diagrams Based on Exchanges of Variables”, Proc. International Conference on Computer-Aided Design 91 (1991), pp.472–475.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Minato, N. Ishiura and S. Yajima: “Shared Binary Decision Diagram with Attributed Edges for Efficient Boolean Function Manipulation”, Proc. 27th Design Automation Conference (1990), pp.52–57.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Murota: Systems Analysis by Graphs and Matroids — Structural Solvability and Controllability. Springer-Verlag, 1987.Google Scholar
- 9.H. Okuno: “Reducing Combinatorial Expressions in Solving Search-Type Combinatorial Problems with Binary Decision Diagrams (in Japanese)”, Trans. Information Processing Society of Japan, 35, 5 (1994), pp. 739–753.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Ochi, K. Yasuoka and S. Yajima: “Breadth-First Manipulation of Very Large Binary-Decision Diagrams”, Proc. International Conference on Computer-Aided Design 93 (1993), pp.48–55.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Rudell: “Dynamic Variable Ordering for Ordered Binary Decision Diagrams”, Proc. International Conference on Computer-Aided Design 93 (1993), pp.42–47.Google Scholar
- 12.I. Semba and S. Yajima: “Combinatorial Algorithms by Boolean Processing I, II”, IPSJ SIG Notes SIGAL-32-4, SIGAL-32-5 (1993).Google Scholar
- 13.S. Tani, K. Hamaguchi and S. Yajima: “The Complexity of the Optimal Variable Ordering Problems of Shared Binary Decision Diagrams”, ISAAC'93, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 762 (1993), pp.389–398.Google Scholar