Tables of coverings for decoding by S-sets
- 137 Downloads
A linear block decoding method in which decoding is reduced to the repeated decoding of shortened codes is proposed. The algorithm for constructing coverings from codewords, which are necessary for the proposed technique, is provided. A tables of such coverings for a number of binary BCH and quadratic-residue (QR) codes is presented.
KeywordsLinear Code Convolutional Code Binary Linear Code Golay Code Linear Block Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Krouk E.A., Mironchikov E.T., Fedorenko S.V. “Decoding by S-sets.” In: Fifth Joint Soviet-Swedish International Workshop on Information Theory ”Convolutional Codes; Multi-User Communication”, Moscow, 1990, pp.113–115.Google Scholar
- 2.Helgert H.J., Stinaff R.D. “Minimum-distance bounds for binary linear codes”, IEEE Trans. Info. Theory, vol. IT-19, pp.344–356, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.Erdös P., Spencer J. Probabilistic methods in combinatorics. Akad. Kiado, Budapest, 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.Asnis I.L., Fedorenko S.V. “Tables of coverings for decoding by S-sets.” In: The Workshop on Information Protection, Moscow, 1993, p.22.Google Scholar
- 5.Krouk E.A. “A bound on the decoding complexity of linear block codes.” Problemy Peredachi Informatsii, 1989, vol.25, No.3, pp.103–107. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.Dumer I.I. Private communication, 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.Dumer I.I. “On minimum distance decoding of linear codes.” In: Fifth Joint Soviet-Swedish International Workshop on Information Theory ”Convolutional Codes; Multi-User Communication”, Moscow, 1990, pp.50–52.Google Scholar