On periodic (partial) unit memory codes with maximum free distance
- 137 Downloads
In this paper we describe two constructions of q-ary (partial) unit memory codes that achieve upper bounds on the free distance. These constructions are based on Reed-Solomon codes. We show that the increase a of the extended row distance of the proposed codes is larger than that for known ones.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Thommesen and J. Justesen, Bounds on distances and error exponents of unit memory codes, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, IT-29(5), 637–649, 1983Google Scholar
- 2.F. Pollara, R. J. McEliece, and K. Abdel-Ghaffar, Finite-states codes, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, IT-34(5), 1083–1089, 1988Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Zyablov and V. R. Sidorenko, Bounds on complexity of trellis decoding of linear block codes, Problems of Information Transmission, 29(3), 3–9, Jul.–Sept., 1993 (transl. from Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Popov, Synchronization of separate MDS codewords in presence of noise, Problems of Information Transmission, 21(3), 28–35, 1985 (transl. from Russian)Google Scholar
- 5.J. Justesen, Bounded distance decoding of unit memory codes, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, IT-39(5), 1616–1627, 1993Google Scholar
- 6.U. K. Sorger, A new construction of partial unit memory codes based on Reed-Solomon Codes, Problems of Information Transmission, submitted 1993.Google Scholar