Performance of interconnection network in multithreaded architectures
In this paper, we analyze the performance of interconnection networks in a multithreaded multiprocessor using a closed queuing network model. Proposed integrated model of the multiprocessor system captures the interaction among subsystems faithfully. Our study reveals a strong relationship of workload parameters to the network performance and brings out a feedback effect of network response on message rate to the network.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.S. Adve and M.K. Vernon. Performance analysis of mesh interconnection networks with deterministic routing. Tech Rep 1001b, Computer Sciences Dept, University of Wisconsin, Madison, July 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Agarwal. Performace tradeoffs in multithreaded processors. IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2(4), Sept. 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Agarwal, B.H. Lim, D. Kranz, and J. Kubiatowicz. April: A processor architecture for multiprocessing. In Proc. of the 17th ISCA, pages 104–114, 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Johnson. The impact of communication locality on large-scale multiprocessor performance. In Proc. of the 19th ISCA, pages 392–402. ACM, May 1992.Google Scholar
- 5.S.S. Nemawarkar, R. Govindrajan, G.R. Gao, and V.K. Agarwal. Interconnection performance for multithreaded architectures: A study based on a closed system model. ACAPS Technical Memo 84, SOCS, McGill University, Montreal, Nov. 1993.Google Scholar