Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 802)
Final universes of processes
We describe the final universe approach to the characterisation of semantic universes and illustrate it by giving characterisations of the universes of CCS and CSP processes.
KeywordsFinal Universe Process Coalgebra Labelled Transition System CCS CSP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Aczel, Non-Well-Founded Sets, CSLI Lecture Notes, No. 14, Stanford University, 1988.Google Scholar
- P. Aczel and Nax Mendler, A Final Coalgebra Theorem, in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science No. 389, Category Theory and Computer Science, edited by D.H. Pitt et al., pp 357–365.Google Scholar
- J.C.M. Baeten and W.P. Weijland, Process Algebra, Cambridge University Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- M. Hennessy, Algebraic Theory of Processes, MIT Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- C.A.R. Hoare, Communicating Sequential Processes, Prentice Hall, 1985.Google Scholar
- Robin Milner, Communication and Concurrency, Prentice Hall, 1989.Google Scholar
- Lawrence S. Moss and Satish R. Thatte, Generalisation of Final Algebra Semantics by Relativisation, LNCS 442 (1990), 284–300.Google Scholar
- J.J.M.M. Rutten and D. Turi, On the Foundations of Final Semantics: Non-standard sets, Metric Spaces, Partial Orders, Technical Report CS-R9241, CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science), Amsterdam, 1992.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1994