CAPTools — semiautomatic parallelisation of mesh based computational mechanics codes
An overview of a suite of Computer Aided Parallelisation Tools (CAPTools) is presented for the parallelisation of FORTRAN based structured mesh computational mechanics codes. In recognition of the limitations of automatic compilers, CAPTools is a semiautomatic, interactive system which embeds user supplied knowledge into its detailed dependence analysis. Applying the decomposition paradigm, then the addition of masks and communication calls yields generic parallel source code for a DMS.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kuck et al: The structure of a retargetable vectorizer, Supercomputers: design and applications tutorial, IEEE society press, Silver Spring (1984)Google Scholar
- 2.Huson et al: The KAP/205: An advanced source-to-source vectorizer for the Cyber 205 supercomputer, Proceedings International conference on parallel processing, IEEE computer society (1986)Google Scholar
- 3.Allan J R and Kennedy K: PFC: A program to convert FORTRAN to parallel form, Proceedings of IBM conference on parallel computing and scientific computations (1982)Google Scholar
- 4.Zima H P, Bast H-J and Gerndt H M: SUPERB — A tool for semi-automatic MIMD/SIMD parallelisation, Parallel computing, 6 (1988)Google Scholar
- 5.Cross M, et al, Computer Aided Parallelisation Tools (CAPTools) 1: Overview of an interactive toolkit for mapping FORTRAN codes onto parallel architectures, In preparation.Google Scholar
- 6.Johnson S P et al, Computer Aided Parallelisation Tools (CAPTools) 2: Exploitation of symbolic information in interprocedural dependence analysis, In preparation.Google Scholar
- 7.Johnson S P et al, Computer Aided Parallelisation Tools (CAPTools) 3: Code generation for message passing distributed memory systems, In preparation.Google Scholar
- 8.Leggett P F et al, Computer Aided Parallelisation Tools (CAPTools) 4: User interface design and philosophy, In preparation.Google Scholar
- 9.Ierotheou C S et al, Computer Aided Parallelisation Tools (CAPTools) 5: Parallelisation of structured mesh codes, In preparation.Google Scholar
- 10.Johnson S P, PhD thesis, University of Greenwich (1992)Google Scholar