Consistency and correction of line-drawings, obtained by projections of piecewise planar objects
This paper deals with line-drawings, obtained from images of piecewise planar objects after edge detection. Such images are used e.g. for navigation and recognition. In order to be a possible image of a three dimensional piecewise planar object, it has to obey some projective conditions. Criteria for a line-drawing to be correct is given in this paper, along with methods to find possible interpretations. If there are many objects in the scene there may be occlusions between objects. There may also be occlusions between different parts of the same object. A method that can handle such occlusions is presented.
KeywordsLine-drawings projection depth shape occlusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Heyden 93a]Heyden, A., Methods for Correction of Images of Origami/Polyhedral Objects, Proceedings of The 8th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis, Tromsø, Norway, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Heyden 93b]Heyden, A., On the Consistency of Line-Drawings, Obtained by Projections of Piecewise Planar Objects, CODEN:LUFTD2/TFMA-3001/5001-SE, Lund, Sweden, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Penrose]Penrose R. On the Cohomology of Impossible Figures, Structural Topology, nr 17, 1991. pp. 11–16.Google Scholar
- [Persson 91]Persson, A., A Method for Correction of Images of Origami/Polyhedral Objects, Proc. Symposium on Image Analysis, SSAB, Uppsala, Sweden, 1992, pp. 93–96.Google Scholar
- [Schrijver]Schrijver, A., Theory for Linear and Integer Programming, John Wiley & sons, Chichester, New York, Brisbane, Toronto, Singapore, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Sparr 91]Sparr, G., Projective Invariants for Affine Shapes of Point Configurations, ESPRIT/DARPA Invariants Workshop, Reykjavik, Iceland, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Sparr 92]Sparr, G., Depth-Computations from Polyhedral Images, ECCV'92, Lecture notes in Computer Science, Vol 588. Ed. G. Sandini, Springer-Verlag 1992, pp. 378–386. Also in Image and Vision Computing, Vol 10. 1992, pp. 683–688.Google Scholar
- [Sugihara 86]Sugihara. K., Machine Interpretation of Line Drawings, MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusets, London, England, 1986.Google Scholar
- [White 86]White, N. Theory of Matroids, Encyclopedia of mathematics and its application, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, London, New York, New Rochelle, Melbourne, Sydney, 1986.Google Scholar