Probability of packet success for asynchronous DS/CDMA with block and convolutional codes
In this paper an approximation for the probability of packet success for asynchronous direct sequence code division multiple access (DS/CDMA) system is developed. In this approximation, an improved Gaussian model for the multiple access interference (MAI) is used and the effect of bit-to-bit error dependence caused by the delays and phases of the relative interfering signals is taken into account. Both block and convolutional codes are considered. A comparison is made with the results obtained by other methods which employ Gaussian model for the MAI and ignore the effect of bit-to-bit error dependence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Morrow and J. Lehnert, “Bit-to-Bit Error Dependence in Slotted DS/SSMA Packet Systems with Random Signature Sequences”, IEEE Trans. on Commun., Vol. Com-37, No.10, pp. 1052–1061, October 1989.Google Scholar
- R. Morrow and J. Lehnert, “Packet Throughput in Slotted ALOHA DS/SSMA Radio Systems with Random Signature Sequences”, IEEE Trans. on Commun., Vol. Com-40, No.7, pp. 1223–1230, July 1992.Google Scholar
- M. B. Pursley, and D. J. Taipale, “Error Probabilities for Spread-Spectrum Packet Radio with Convolutional Codes and Viterbi Decoding”, IEEE Trans. on Commun., Vol. Com-35, No.1, pp. 1–12, January 1987.Google Scholar
- J. S. Lehnert and M. B. Pursley, “Error Probabilities for Binary Direct Sequence Communications with Random Signature Sequences”, IEEE Trans. on Commun., Vol. Com-35, No.1, pp. 87–98, January 1987.Google Scholar
- K. Yao, “Error Probability of Asynchronous Spread Spectrum Multiple-Access Communication Systems”, IEEE Trans. on Commun., Vol. Com-25, No.8, pp. 803–809, August 1977.Google Scholar
- J. M. Holtzman, “A simple, Accurate Method to Calculate Spread-Spectrum Multiple-Access Error Probabilities”, IEEE Trans. on Commun., Vol. Com-40, No.8, pp. 461–465, March 1992.Google Scholar
- J. S. Storey and F. Tobagi, “Throughput Performance of a Direct Sequence CDMA Packet Radio Network”, SEL Technical Report No.85-277, Stanford University, June 1985.Google Scholar
- D. P. Taylor and M. Grossman, “The Effect of FEC on Packet Error performance in a VSAT Network”, Proc. of IEEE Globecom, pp. 42.1.1–42.1.4, December 1986.Google Scholar
- C. Trabelsi and A. Yongaço¯glu, “Throughput Analysis of Slotted Asynchronous DS/CDMA System”, Proc. of IEEE Globecom, pp. 47.5.1–47.5.5, December 1993.Google Scholar
- C. Trabelsi and A. Yongaço¯glu, “Performance of Asynchronous DS-CDMA for Personal Access Satellite System”, Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Universal Personal Commun., pp. 819–823, October 1993.Google Scholar