Discovering dynamics with genetic programming
This paper describes an application of the genetic programming paradigm to the problem of structure identification of dynamical systems. The approach is experimentally evaluated by reconstructing the models of several dynamical systems from simulated behaviors.
- 1.S. Džeroski and L. Todorovski. Discovering dynamics. In Proc. 10th Int. Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 97–103. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, CA, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.D.E. Goldberg. Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.J.R. Koza. The genetic programming paradigm: Genetically breeding populations of computer programs to solve problems. In B. Souček, editor, Dynamic, Genetic, and Chaotic Programming, pp. 203–321. John Wiley & Sons, 1992.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Ljung. Modelling of industrial systems. In Proc. 7th Int. Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, pp. 338–349. Springer, Berlin, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.W. H. Press, B. P. Flannery, S. A. Teukolsky, and W. T. Vetterling. Numerical Recipes. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1986.Google Scholar