Fractional-rate hybrid PSK-TCM codes for the Rayleigh fading channel
In this paper we present new low complexity PSK-TCM codes with noninteger bit rates. The codes are especially suited for data transmission in the Rayleigh fading channel, e.g. for mobile communication. Our basic idea is to use periodically different signal alphabets (MPSK and 2M-PSK) for transmission. The resulting hybrid TCM codes show improved performance in the Rayleigh fading channel compared to known TCM-schemes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.S. H. Jamali, T. LeNgoc: A New 4-State 8PSK TCM Scheme for Fast Fading, Shadowed Mobile Radio Channels. IEEE Trans. VT, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 216–222, February 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Du, B. Vucetic: New M-PSK Trellis Codes for Fading Channels. Electronic Letters, Vol. 26, No. 16, pp. 1267–1269, August 1990.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Du, B. Vucetic: New 16-QAM Trellis Codes for Fading Channels. Electronic Letters, Vol. 27, No. 12, pp. 1009–1010, June 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.C. Schlegel, D. Costello: Bandwidth Efficient Coding for Fading Channels: Code Construction and Performance Analysis. IEEE Jour. SAC, Vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 1356–1368, December 1989.Google Scholar
- 8.C.-E. Sundberg, J. Hagenauer: Hybrid Trellis-Coded 8/4 Modulation Systems. IEEE Trans. COM, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 602–614, May 1990.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Bertelsmeier, G. Komp: Trellis-coded 8-PSK with embedded QPSK. Jour. SAC, Vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 1296–1306, December 1989.Google Scholar
- 10.D. Divsalar, M. Simon, J. Yuen: Trellis Coding with Asymmetric Modulations. IEEE Trans. COM, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 130–141, February 1988.Google Scholar