On necessary and sufficient conditions for the construction of super pseudorandom permutations
In this paper, we present the necessary and sufficient conditions for super pseudorandomness of DES-like permutations. We show that four rounds of such permutations with a single random function is not super psuedorandom and we present a distinguishing circuit for ψ(f2, f, f, f) and another circuit for ψ(f l , fk, fj, fi). Then, we investigate the necessary and sufficient conditions for super pseudorandomness of type-1 Feistel type transformations, and we show that k2 rounds of this transformation is super pseudorandom.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Ohnishi. A study on data security. Master's thesis, Tohoku University, 1988. in Japanese.Google Scholar
- Josef Pieprzyk. How to Construct Pseudorandom Permutations from Single Pseudorandom Functions. In Advances in Cryptology — EUROCRYPT '90, volume 473 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 140–150. Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- A. C. Yao. Theory and applications of trapdoor functions. In the 23rd IEEE Symposium on the Foundations of Computer Science, pages 80–91, 1982.Google Scholar
- Yuliang Zheng, Tsumoto Matsumoto, and Hideki Imai. Impossibility and Optimality Results on Constructing Pseudorandom Permutations. In Advances in Cryptology — EUROCRYPT '89, volume 434 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 412–422. Springer-Verlag, 1990.Google Scholar
- Yuliang Zheng, Tsumoto Matsumoto, and Hideki Imai. On the Construction of Block Ciphers Provably Secure and Not Relying on any Unproved Hypotheses. In Advances in Cryptology — CRYPTO '89, volume 435 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 461–480. Springer-Verlag, 1990.Google Scholar