Diagnosing quality of life in working environments
The Esprit Project 5374 QLIS (Quality of Life in the Information Society) aims to develop a Software Scenario Support Tool (3ST) for the assessment and forecasting of the implications of IT applications for Quality of Life. In order to reach this goal, a consortium of partners with complementary knowledge was set up comprising sociologists with knowledge about quality of life issues; computer scientists who model their knowledge and build systems based on it; and industrial partners who supply case studies to assess the models and the 3ST. In this paper we discuss the sociologists' approach in assessing quality of Life in the Work Environment, and we present the prototype system which aims to reproduce this behaviour, with illustrations taken from a real situation in one of our industrial organizations.
KeywordsExpert Systems Knowledge Acquisition KADS Prototype Diagnosis Quality of Life Socio-Technical Model Information Technology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bellini 90]Roberto Bellini Internal QLIS workshop for Quality of Life in Working environment Milano January 1991.Google Scholar
- [Bronisz & al. 92]Didier Bronisz, Denis Cordelle, Thomas Grossi. Knowledge Engineering for the improvement of Work Environments The 2nd Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Seoul, Korea, September 92.Google Scholar
- [Brunet 92]Eric Brunet Tutorial KADS The 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Avignon, June 92.Google Scholar
- [Butera 90]Federico Butera. Il castello e la rete. Saggi tecnologia, organizzazione e persone RSO (Franco Angelli 1990) Istituto RSO (Milano).Google Scholar
- [Hestek & al. 89]Philip Hestek and Toby Barett. An introduction to the KADS methodology. Final deliverable M1 of Esprit Project 1098.Google Scholar
- [Hicman & al. 89]Frank Hickman, Jonathan Killin and Lise Land. Analysis for Knowledge-based systems. A practical guide to the Kads methodology. Ellis Horwood 1989.Google Scholar
- [Qlis 1]Cap Gemini Innovation Conceptual Model Deliverables 5.1 and 5.4 of Esprit project 5374 Qlis.Google Scholar
- [Qlis 2]Cap Gemini Innovation Expertise Elicitation Deliverables 5.5 and 5.7 of Esprit project 5374 Qlis.Google Scholar
- [Wielinga & al. 86]B. Wielinga and J. Breuker. Models of Expertise Proceedings of ECAI. Brighton (UK), 1986.Google Scholar