Finiteness conditions for strictness analysis
We give upper bounds on the number of times the fixed point operator needs to be unfolded for strictness analysis of functional languages with lists. This extends previous work both in the syntax-directed nature of the approach and in the ability to deal with Wadler's method for analysing lists. Limitations of the method are indicated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S.Abramsky: Strictness Analysis and Polymorphic Invariance, Programs as Data Objects, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 217 1–23, 1986.Google Scholar
- G.L.Burn, C.Hankin, S.Abramsky: Strictness Analysis for Higher-Order Functions, Science of Computer Programming 7, 1986.Google Scholar
- S.Hunt, C.Hankin: Fixed Points and Frontiers: a New Perspective, Journal of Functional Programming 1, 1991.Google Scholar
- T.J.Marlowe, B.G.Ryder: Properties of Data Flow Frameworks — a Unified Model, Acta Informatica 28, 1990.Google Scholar
- H.R.Nielson, F.Nielson: Bounded Fixed Point Iteration, Proceedings of the ACM Sympoisium on Principles of Programming Languages, 1992. An expanded version appeared in Journal of Logic and Computation 2 4, 1992.Google Scholar
- F.Nielson, H.R.Nielson: Finiteness Conditions for Fixed Point Iteration (Extended Abstract), Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on LISP and Functional Programming, 1992. An extended version appeared as .Google Scholar
- F.Nielson, H.R.Nielson: Finiteness Conditions for Fixed Point Iteration, Technical Report DAIMI PB-384, Aarhus University, Denmark, 1992. An extended abstract appeared as .Google Scholar
- F.Nielson, H.R.Nielson: Two-Level Functional Languages, Cambridge Tracts in Theoretical Computer Science 34, Cambridge University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- F.Nielson, H.R.Nielson: Finiteness Conditions for Strictness Analysis, Technical Report DAIMI PB-447, Aarhus University, Denmark, 1993.Google Scholar
- P.Wadler: Strictness Analysis on Non-Flat Domains (by Abstract Interpretation over Finite Domains), Abstract Interpretation of Declarative Languages, S.Abramsky and C.Hankin (eds.), Ellis Horwood, 1987.Google Scholar