Walkthrough using animation database system move
This paper discusses walkthrough as an advanced application of the object-oriented animation database system MOVE, which is developed so as to make producing computer animation easier. Since MOVE offers computer animation facilities as well as data management facilities in encapsulated form, users can use them without knowing the details. We introduce a graphics model in MOVE. Using this, we produced a walkthrough animation in our university and evaluated the system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Kaneko, S. Kuroki, and A. Makinouchi: Design of 3D CG Data Model of “MOVE” Animation Database System, Proc. 2nd Far-East Workshop on Future Database Systems, pp. 364–372, 1992.Google Scholar
- K. Kaneko, S. Kuroki, and A. Makinouchi: Towards Dynamics Animation on Object-Oriented Animation Database System “MOVE”, Proc. 3rd Int. Symp. on Database Systems for Advanced Applications, pp.3–10, 1993.Google Scholar
- ONTOS Inc.: ONTOS DB 2.2 Reference Manual, ONTOS, Inc., 1992.Google Scholar
- Reynolds CW: Computer Animation with Scripts and Actors, Proc. SIGGRAPH'82, pp.289–296, 1982.Google Scholar
- N. Thalmann and D. Thalmann: CINEMIRA: a 3D computer animation language based on actor and camera data types, Technical Report, University of Montreal, 1984.Google Scholar
- N. Thalmann, D. Thalmann, and M. Fortin: MIRANIM: An Extensible Director-Oriented System for the Animation of Realistic Images, IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 5, No.3, pp. 61–73, 1985.Google Scholar
- P. Strauss and R. Carey: An Object-Oriented 3D Graphics Toolkit, Proc. SIGGRAPH'92, pp.341–349, 1992.Google Scholar
- S. Teller and C. H. Sequin: Visibility Preprocessing For Interactive Walkthroughs, Proc. SIGGRAPH'91, pp.61–69, 1991.Google Scholar
- D. Rotem: Spatial Join Indices, Proc. Data Engineering'91, pp.500–509, 1991.Google Scholar
- O. Guenther, H. Noltemeier: Spatial Database Indices for Large Extended Objects, Proc. Data Engineering'91, pp.520–526, 1991.Google Scholar