A case study for an open CASE system: The TROLL light development environment
In this paper 2, the TROLL light development environment is described as a special computer aided software engineering (CASE) system. In particular, it serves the formal development of information systems on the basis of the object-oriented specification language TROLL light [CGH92] which in turn allows to describe the Universe of Discourse (UoD) as a community of concurrently existing and communicating objects. TROLL light which is a dialect of the language TROLL [JSHS91] is especially suited for the specification of information systems but is not restricted to this application field. Within the compound project KorSo [Bro92] our team is concerned with the research on techniques and methods for the development of reliable information systems on the basis of formal specifications [VHG+93].
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bro92]M. Broy. KORSO: Beschreibung der Gesamtziele. Tum-info, Institut für Informatik, TU München, Juni 1992.Google Scholar
- [Cag90]M.R. Cagan. The HP Softbench environment: An architecture for a new generation of software tools. in Hewlett Packard J. 41, 1990.Google Scholar
- [CGH92]S. Conrad, M. Gogolla, and R. Herzig. TROLL light: A Core Language for Specifying Objects. Informatik-Bericht 92-02, Technische Universität Braunschweig, 1992.Google Scholar
- [JSHS91]R. Jungclaus, G. Saake, T. Hartmann, and C. Sernadas. Object-Oriented Specification of Information Systems: The TROLL Language. Informatik-Bericht 91-04, Technische Universität Braunschweig, 1991.Google Scholar
- [PG92]S. Papahristos and W.A. Gray. Federated Case Environments. In R. Anderson, J. A. Bubenko jr., and A. Sølvberk, editors, Advanced Information Systems Engineering, Springer LNCS series, Vol. 498, pages 461–478, May 1992.Google Scholar
- [SLTM92]K. Smolander, K. Lyytinen, V.-P. Tahvanainen, and P. Marttiin. MetaEdit — A Flexible Graphical Environment for Methodology Modelling. In R. Anderson, J. A. Bubenko jr., and A. Sølvberk, editors, Advanced Information Systems Engineering, Springer LNCS series, Vol. 498, pages 168–193, May 1992.Google Scholar
- [VHG+93]N. Vlachantonis, R. Herzig, M. Gogolla, G. Denker, S. Conrad, and H.-D. Ehrich. Towards Reliable Information Systems: The KORSO Approach. In C. Rolland, editor, Proc. 5th Int. Conf. Advanced Information Systems Engineering. Springer, LNCS Series, 1993. To appear.Google Scholar
- [VHW91]T. F. Verhoef, A.H.T. ter Hofstede, and G. M. Wijers. Structuring modelling knowledge for CASE shells. In R. Anderson, J. A. Bubenko jr., and A. Sølvberk, editors, Advanced Information Systems Engineering, Springer LNCS series, Vol. 498, pages 502–524, May 1991.Google Scholar
- [WH90]G.M. Wijers and H. Heijes. Automated Support of the Modelling Process: A View Based on Experiments with Expert Information Engineers. In B. Steinholtz, A. Sølvberk, and L. Bergman, editors, Advanced Information Systems Engineering, Springer LNCS series, Vol. 436, pages 88–108, 1990.Google Scholar