Digital processing of skylab X-ray images of the solar corona.
For processing solar corona X-ray images a new method has been introduced. With regard to the special character of the original images an algorithm of the local optimization of histogram has been developed. To preserve isotropy in the image an appropriate subimage shape has been chosen and its size can be interactively changed with respect to the patterns to be enhanced. The three originals in the time sequence of the coronal event have been used for experiments. Examples of the processed images are shown in the two various sizes of the local area for each original.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ballard, D.H. and Brown, M.C.: 1982, Computer Vision, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, p. 70Google Scholar
- Mac Comble, W.J. and Rust, D.M.: 1979, Solar Physics, 61, 69Google Scholar
- O'Gorman, Lawrence: 1988, A Note on Histogram Equalization for Optimal Intensity Range Utilization, Computer vision, graphics and image processing 41, 229Google Scholar
- Švestka, Z.: 1984, Solar Physics, 94, 171Google Scholar
- Švestka, Z.: 1991, Solar Physics, 135, 419Google Scholar
- Webb, D.F., Zirin, H.: 1981, Solar Physics, 69, 99Google Scholar